Thursday

Fall Is Off To A Bang!

I'm finally back to blogging after a long visit with my family and other busy things going on in this writer's life.

I must say, this fall is starting out with a bang! While visiting my family in Virginia, my mom, sis and I had two very successful book signings. To be honest, I wasn't expecting either function to be much, however the event that I was sure I'd be lucky to sell one book at, ended up being one of my most successful. It sure is fun talking to people about our books but when someone comes up to you and wants to buy one of each, well I must admit, it's a terrific feeling and big boost to the ego!

This happened not once but two or three times during these book signings. Amazing! At least to me it was.

I also just attended another successful book signing here in Louisiana at the Denham Springs Fall Festival. It was chilly, windy and I was suffering from a rotten cold, but who cares when people are buying your creations! I paid for it the next day but it was still well worth it.

Last night I had another book signing at La Divina Italian Cafe. Why there, you ask? Because the owner of that very unique and lovely cafe is doing her part in supporting the community and our local authors. Each Wednesday night she has kids night and features a different author. We read our stories to the kids, sometimes play games and have all kinds of fun. It really is a great thing this cafe is doing and we just wish more local businesses would follow suit!

The picture below is of two little cutie pies and friends, Elliot & Julia at La Divina last night. We sure had fun!



Up next on October 24 & 25 is the Poche Plantation Arts and Crafts festival which I'm really excited about.

How about you other authors out there. What's your fall looking like?


8 comments:

  1. I must have that picture of you with the cuties. That says it all, Allyn. You and your most important fans. Love having you with us in Virginia!!

    No hurricanes to mess up you Poche event please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the successful signings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your young fans are adorable! Glad you've had such successful signings, Allyn. The Italian cafe idea sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy lady! Sounds like you had fun, and you sold books in the process. That's a win win. Congratulations Allyn.

    ReplyDelete